Getting to the Abbey
Map of Belgium. The abbey is located between Brussels and Charleroi
By road (See Google Maps)
- E411 highway (exit 9), N25 direction Nivelles (Villers-la-Ville exit)
- or E19 highway (exit 19), Nivelles ring road R24 direction Wavre, N25 (Villers-la-Ville exit)
- or E42 highway (exit 16b), N5 direction Waterloo, after Baisy-Thy, direction Villers-la-Ville
Free parking for cars and tour buses
Site accessible to buses with a max. height of 3.50 m. Buses higher than 3.50m have access via the village of Marbais.
Line no. 140 Ottignies-Charleroi.
Station: Villers-la-Ville (2 km from the Abbey)
1st November - 31st March: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm (open everyday)
1st April - 31st October: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm (open everyday)
Annual closing: December 24, December 25, December 31 and January 1.
- Adults: € 8
- Group* adults: € 7
- Students, senior citizens: € 6
- Group* students, senior citizens: € 5
- Children (aged 6 to 12): € 3
- Group* children: € 2,50
- Children (<6 years), disabled persons**, teachers, friends of the Abbey: Free
- Audioguide: € 1,50
* Group : from 15 persons
** Limited access for people with disabilities. (Wheel chair? Contact us)
A self-guided tour of the Abbey with a map or an audioguide lasts from 60 to 90 minutes.
Dogs are allowed on a leash.
Places to eat & drink
There are picnic tables available.
- La Cave du Moulin (snack-restaurant) is located just in front of the Abbey.
- Le Chalet de la Forêt (snack-bar) is located 150 meters from the Abbey.